Greyhounds come in all colors and sizes. All the retired Greyhounds below are looking for their forever home. Please check back often, we have many greyhounds being adopted and more coming to NLGA every day! This is where you can find your new BEST FRIEND! When you're ready to adopt, contact us to get started!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, and the neccesary social distancing requirements, NLGA is not facilitating meet and greets with greyhounds at this time. If you are interested in adopting a greyhound, please read through the requirements outlined in the "How to Adopt" section, complete, and submit an application. Unfortunately, due to the process and timing of how dogs are adopted and matched with their potential families, we are not able to allow individuals to meet dogs prior to an application being received, reviewed and approved.
Dear New Family,
I’ve been in my foster home for almost a year. I love it here, but I want to find my forever home so a new retired pup can be fostered here. I’ve done pretty well over the last year. In fact, I’ve gotten pretty comfortable. Here are a few things on my new home wish list:
- I need another greyhound living with me. It makes me more comfortable and I’ll have someone to talk to and play with after you go to bed.
- You need a playful pup. That’s me!
- You don’t mind if I nibble on your fingers. It’s just a funny habit I have when I get excited.
- You MUST love greyhounds because I LOVE people!
- I like my crate…as long as I’m close to you at night.
- Squeaky toys are my thing. You’ll just have to get used to it!
- I love going for walks. You better take me for walks with your other greyhound!
- I don’t like fireworks or storms. But, who doesJust tell me it’s OK and I’ll be fine. A treat will help. Yum!
Your new friend,